Sunday, June 6, 2010

Seeing God

So this blog came to me the other day when I walked out of my house and just saw the sweetest clouds in the sky. I was just flabbergasted at what The Lord has made for us and started to look for God more in my daily life. So here are some questions that were in my head.

Why can't we see God everyday in our lives?

Can we see him and do we just overlook him?

So to look at the first question: Why can't we see him everyday. It is so easy to not see God in our everyday lives if we don't make sure to make him a part of our lives. It is easy to see for example your mom or dad everyday because you get to see them in flesh each day, but with God you have to have the faith that he is with you everyday (which he is). Alot of people say "Out of Sight Out of Mind" and that saying couldn't be more true. Why is that though? We might not see God in human form here everyday but look in the sky and its all him. Look at all the blessings you have received. That's all him. You cannot look at anything that happens in this world and not see God if you are looking.

A way to help seeing him everyday is make him the first thing on your mind when you wake up. Maybe that is by starting your day with a short prayer or maybe doing a devotional time. With doing this in the morning you will be focused on God and everything you see that day will help you see God more.

The other question I had was the part of us overlooking him. I think this is true to parts. I see everything God has made on a daily basis but I have just become so accustom to it that it means practically nothing to me. Its a cloud big deal, its rain big deal, or its the sun big deal. I know we get so used to everything we have in this world that we just see it as what life is suppose to be like and not as a blessing. If we look at our time on Earth as a blessing we will see God EVERYWHERE. If you looked for God in everything you do you would never see anything that he didn't have a part in. So try not to make what's in the earth just what is suppose to be there but look at it as a gift from God.

This blog was plain and simple about seeing God. It is tough but being a Christian is not the easiest thing in the world. I ask that you try to look at everything you see in the world and see it as that gift from God. He has given us blessings that we cannot even imagine and if we look at them as blessings we are in great shape. Start your day out focusing on the God and the rest will fall into place. If you can see God in your everyday life your faith will start to grow without limit and you will be excited to jump into his word on a daily basis. He is truly amazing, just look at all he is given us. I have one question for all of you:

WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN GOD TODAY?

If you want to talk please comment on the blog or email me. I would love to help you see God on a daily basis.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.

1 comment:

  1. I really like reading your blogs Zak they really are inspirational and at time eye opening :) With this one I have also giving lots of thought over and the one thing that I always remember is actually from the movie A Walk to Remember. God is like the wind, you cant always see it but you can always feel it. :)

    ReplyDelete