Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weakness

Well as some of you noticed I did not post last week.  Unfortunately, I came down with a bug last weekend and was basically out of commission all  week.  I have started doing more than laying on my couch this weekend but still am beat.  While working through the fever and other symptoms I started thinking more about this weakness and our relationship with God.  That is where to blog is coming from today, my weakness the past week while being sick.

Have you ever been sick and feel like you can't do anything?  What about when you are healthy and go to the gym and can't push yourself to make the next step?  The great thing about being weak is that we can be.  As a human it is hard to sit out of work or get out of your daily routine, but it won't kill you.  The weakness we experience during sickness or a long workout just shows the us the need we have for the Lord.  It is a huge struggle for me personally when I am sick because I hate being weak.  I like to be the strong person.  I want people to know they can come to me at any time and that I will be strong in whatever they need.  When I was sick and still today it kills me because I don't feel strong for others.  It has taken me some time to realize that this weakness is okay because Jesus took all our weakness to the cross so we can be weak and that I cannot rely on myself to always be strong.  Now it is important that you continue to grow stronger in your everyday life and your faith but that you will have times of weakness.

When you are weak in your faith, take some time to let others help you out and encourage you.  It will happen just like each of us will face sickness at points in our lives we will face "sickness" in our relationship with God.  Slow down during these times and get extra time in the word.  Just like when you are sick you need extra sleep when you are weak with God you need extra time with him.  Having a strong community around you when you don't feel you can get out of bed to go to church or take those extra minutes to read your bible is crucial.  Just like having a parent that takes care of you when you don't want to get off the couch.  Sickness in our lives can be related to our faith.  It is okay to become weak but know that you come back stronger.  You can be weak at times because the Lord has taken that everlasting weakness onto his back when he carried and suffered on the cross.  The weakness you face in your faith or in your life is temporary thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  Don't be scared of weakness but embrace it as an opportunity to grow stronger and heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment