Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time

So yeah I said I would post this on Wednesday but I have been away from the computer for a while so here you guys go.

If you are facebook friends with me you got to see that Tuesday night I had a reality check. Well going off that and my last blog I have been playing on this prison softball ministry through my church. To recap we go there every Tuesday play two games with the prisoners and pray with them afterwards and talk to them a bit about God or just life. Well this week my lesson I learned was about slowing down and how I don't pay attention to the world. I know I have done a similar blog before but I feel I have a new take on it right now.

Why do we do this?
Why don't we See God in Everything?
Are we to busy with the world?

Okay so Why don't we see him in everything? There is so many reasons we don't but I can only hit a few. We let sin get in front of us on a daily basis and our eyes and ears go elsewhere. Most of the time when we see something normal we look past it but we look at the strange all the time. We do not see what we should see that God has given us. God has given us so much to look at and we just look over it. The reason I wrote this is from the beautiful sunset we all watched in the prison yard. We were all taking the time to look at this and the first thing I thought of was God. The beauty from that sunset could be from none other than the Lord. It was something that when I am not in the prison walls I do not see.

On that note Let's talk about the second question Are we to busy with the world? In my eyes yes we are. We get caught up in making more money, getting higher in the company, or being in the best physical shape we can be. We sit in front of a tv or do something that takes us away from others. Whatever it is we do not see the wonderful world God gave us. Being in that prison I saw the beauty of the sunset. Usually I have to make plans to go to the beach or something to see that but God puts it over my head every day to see. And why is it just the sunset that amazes me. Have you ever seen the sunrise? It is just as amazing or watching a storm role in? What about looking at that tree you have passed for the last 20 years of your life? For me I look at all of these things and just look up to God and see how all that he has put together here wasn't a mistake but a plan. It is so tough to see that until we are forced to look at his world we usually don't. Talking to Bob an older prisoner made me realize all this. He never realized how beautiful the sun could be until he had nothing else to look at. He has since seeing the beauty turned to God and started going to church. Why did it take being put away to see God? Do we need to make ourselves stop and look? Why can't while we are driving down the road see this? It is always there and we negate it daily. God loves us each very much and if we just take some time to look around and see his glory you will be smiling and happy for life. Maybe exactly what you wanted didn't happen but who cares when you got God. If he is willing to give us this beautiful world just think about what Heaven is going to be about. I cannot even imagine. I feel like i will fall on my knees in awe because sometimes I feel like doing that here.

Well that was a long blog. But I am so passionate about this right now. I have been seeing God in so many places since that softball game and my life has been so great. Seeing him every day has made me happier and don't worry about what is happening here but realize God loves me and will do anything for me. I ask that you just look for God and don't become a prisoner in this world and not see him. Be free and the more you see God the more you become free from the chains of the world and are able to be with God. We like to have people see the work we do, how about we acknowledge God's work. It truly is amazing.

Isiah 33:17 Your eyes will see the king in his beauty and view a land that stretches afar.

Part 2 of that day will come soon on God's presence with me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment