Sunday, February 23, 2014

Reset

This week's blog is exactly what the title says.  A reset.  As I have spoken about over the past few weeks I have been traveling a fair amount lately which is where a number of my blogs stem from.  Well this week I was able to stay in East Michigan the entire week.  I got to enjoy some of the normal parts of my life.  I saw friends, got to work with Motown Soup, and enjoy time with my family.  I also got to get a lot done that has been skipped over the past few weeks.  Along with these benefits I got to attend the 2014 Winter Jam at Joe Louis Arena last night.  This is a concert of 10 Christian bands giving up their talents for the Lord.  A big topic during the time was Resetting your faith and it leads me to this blog today.

As I have had this past week in town I have been able to "reset".  I cleaned up on emails, saw some clients who are local that I have been unable to visit, and got a number of items done from my growing list.  This week here was not critical to me doing my job but it strongly helped me in continuing to accomplish my responsiblities in my position.  It helped me get a fresh view on everything for the coming weeks and allowed me to not feel so overwhelmed.

I see what happened with me this week at work is very similar to our walk in faith.  Sometimes we just need a "reset".  No matter if you are on a high or a low in your faith having that time, if it is a week or a day, to refocus and reset is critical.  So much happens in life on a daily basis that a number of items may come in the way and you start to push away your time with the Lord.  "Reseting" your faith allows you to focus back on this.  Just like for me with cleaning up emails now you can read the Bible which you set aside during your "travels".  I really believe that our faith is very similar to my work life right now.  I get so busy for a certain period of time that my priorities get thrown around and I just need to reset.  When you reset your faith you also allow your mind to be cleared.  Sitting down and having some quiet time to reset is important so you can sort your thoughts out.  Also reseting lets you  have a new sense of dedication to your faith.  As you get busy and stressed your body and mind starts to get exhausted.  Due to this you may not be giving your 100% because your body just can't do it.  By reseting your faith and refocusing on your life with the Lord it will allow you to rededicate yourself.  Now reseting does not mean you are losing everything you have worked on for the past months, or years but just refreshing it.

I encourage you to "reset" when you start feeling stressed.  This can be daily or weekly but it is essential for you to continue a strong relationship with the Lord.  Take a day or whatever time necessary to refresh your mind and refresh your heart.  When we are not giving God our 100% we are cheating him of what he deserves and commands of us.  Don't let your life overtake you.  Do not be afraid to take a step back take a deep breath and refocus.

Acts 2:25-28
25 David said about him:
“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
    Because he is at my right hand,
    I will not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest in hope,
27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    you will not let your holy one see decay.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence.’[e]

No comments:

Post a Comment